Caring for and maintaining the body’s health is an act of integrating treatment methods, not separating them. At Aging Gracefully, we prioritize a method of functional medicine that treats the unified system of your body.
The The concept of “functional medicine” springs from the idea that medical care is an act of integration, not separation. Instead of simply addressing different symptoms across separate areas, functional medicine seeks to treat the issues that altogether affect the unified system of your body.
The principles that characterize Functional Medicine care are as follows:
- Medical practitioners prioritize quality over quantity with their patients. A doctor will only make a medical diagnosis after listening carefully to a patient’s history, and ordering and reviewing medically necessary testing.
- Assessment and prevention are prioritized over wait-and-see treatment approaches
- A prioritization is placed on utilizing the most modern and advanced medical testing that is available.
- Patients are not to feel that they have taken on a passive role in their own health. Instead, they are to be armed with information and are expected to take an active role in improving their health.
- The goal is to find the root cause of your problem and resolving it; not give you medicine to treat your symptoms.
Utilizing the functional medicine approach can allow patients who have been searching for solutions to their problems for years to finally have hope. Instead of relying on being prescribed medications again and again for temporary relief, Dr. McElroy and her team at Aging Gracefully diagnose problems holistically in order to find permanent cures.
Since the founding of her practice, she has helped patients heal from life-altering conditions such as fatigue, irritable bowel syndrome, arthritis, migraines, and more.
Whether Aging Gracefully is the first clinic you are visiting for treatment, or simply the latest one, we’ll make sure we do everything in our power to find an effective treatment and make sure it’s also the last clinic you’ll need to visit.
Take The First Step Today On Your Journey Back To Health
Maybe you have some questions you’d like to ask before you make a decision on becoming a patient. Our patient coordinator is standing by, happy to answer any questions you have to see whether or not Aging Gracefully is right for you.